Answers To Common Personal Injury Questions
1) Is there a Statute of Limitations to make a claim for damages in a personal injury case?
Yes, a claimant has 4 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit against the party that caused your injury due to their negligence.
2) When is the best time to speak to an attorney after a car accident?
The best time to call a personal injury lawyer is as soon as possible after an accident.
3) Should I hire an attorney to assist me with the process?
Yes, it is important to hire an attorney immediately after the accident to assist you with the process.
4) Should I speak to the insurance company without an attorney?
No, you should not speak to the insurance company without an attorney.
5) Do I have to pay the attorney in advance for his services in a personal injury claim?
Generally, you do not have to pay the attorney in advance when they are handling your personal injury claim.
6) How long do I have to seek medical treatment?
In the State of Florida, you have 14 days to seek medical treatment to make a claim for Bodily Injuries.