Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Phone: (954) 417-8856
Fax: (877) 395-7558
Email: E-mail Me
Andres (“Andy”) Lopez decided to open this firm to provide high-quality legal representation with the personal attention each client deserves. Mr. Lopez focuses his practice on foreclosure defense (including mortgage loan modifications), insurance coverage disputes, commercial litigation, and professional malpractice.
Mr. Lopez began his career in one of the most prestigious law firms in Maryland, where he concentrated on complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters. When Mr. Lopez moved to Florida, he practiced law in top boutique firms located in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, where he focused on professional malpractice, insurance coverage, bankruptcy and foreclosure matters.
Mr. Lopez was born in La Paz, Bolivia, and his family moved to Washington, D.C. when he was a child. He attended the University of Maryland at College Park where he received his B.A. in Political Science and later earned his J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law.
While attending law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Board and he served on the law journal The Business Lawyer, which is published by the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association. He was also selected to become a member of the law school’s National Trial Team where he successfully participated in national mock trial competitions. As a result of his success in trial competition, Mr. Lopez was inducted into the Order of the Barristers, a national honorary society that recognizes law students who have excelled in advocacy programs.
Mr. Lopez served as a Judicial Intern with U.S. District Court Judge Paul Friedman of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Through his involvement in various school and community organizations, he became active in local, state and national electoral politics. Before he attended law school, Mr. Lopez served in The White House, where he assisted with the drafting and editing of presidential speeches. Afterwards, he joined the staff of the Governor of Maryland where he assisted in developing and implementing the Governor’s education policies.
Mr. Lopez is a member of the Florida Bar, the Broward County Bar Association and Broward County Hispanic Bar Association. Mr. Lopez is admitted to practice law in the state courts of Florida and Maryland. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Foreclosure Defense
- Professional Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Maryland, 2006
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- Honors: Member, Law School’s National Trial Team
- Honors: Participated in National Mock Trial Competitions
- Honors: Inducted into the Order of the Barristers
- Law Journal: The Business Lawyer, Member
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- Major: Political Science
- Wilmington Savings Fund Society FSB v. Louissaint, 212 So. 3d 473 (Fla. 1st DCA 2013)
- Hilson v. D’More Help, Inc., 2015 US Dist. LEXIS 50271 (S.D. Fla. 2015)
- Hassoun v. ReliaStar Life Insurance Co., 288 F.Supp. 3d 1334 (S.D. Fla. 2018)
Honors And Awards
- Rising Star Attorney, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015 – Present
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Florida Bar, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Broward County Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Florida Justice Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court Judge Paul Friedman of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, Judicial Intern
- The White House, Drafting and Editing of Presidential Speeches