Call An Auto Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale | ALopez

On Behalf of The Andres Lopez Law Firm , PA | January 30, 2021 | Motor Vehicle Accidents

Always Call the Police After a Car Accident in Coral Springs

If you are involved in an auto accident, you should always call the police so that they can memorialize how the car accident occurred. This will avoid a situation where it is your word versus the other driver’s word on how the accident occurred. Once the police arrive at the scene, an officer will talk to you and your passengers, if any. The officer will also speak to the other driver as well as any independent witnesses.

After gathering the information, the police will prepare a police/crash report. The crash reports contain crucial information such as the name of the parties involved, their contact information, the name of their insurance carrier (with the policy number) and more importantly, will describe how the collision occurred.

Often times, the police officer also indicates in the report which driver was at fault. This information will help you if you decide to make a claim against the other party. After any car accident in Coral Springs, Tamarac, or Fort Lauderdale areas, you should contact a Personal Injury Attorney near you at 754-208-1199.